Module Author: Viper
User Rating: (4 Comments)
This module adds commands to the botserv fantasy engine, as well as override some of the already present commands to extend their functionality.
This module combines some functions of the old bs_fan, bs_fantasy and bs_moremodesperline, while adding several new features as well. The more modes per line functionality allows multiple users on one line (for example: !op user1 user2 user3 user4 user5 user6). Additionally, instead of users it will also accept masks (eg: !voice user1 *@mask1 *@mask2).
Among new features in this module are:
- A more complex implementation of kickban.
For example: !kb *@*.be will add a ban on *!*@*.be and kick all users matching the ban. If a user is present who matches the gives host and is protected, the process will be aborted.
- Support for !tb(an) and !tkb. Both of these work similar to the new implementation of !kb.
- !down command accepting a target level.
- and many more. See the command list in the modules README.
Unlike previous versions of these modules, this module has been written for Anope1.8.x and will not be adapted for older or for newer versions. Anope-1.9 will have build-in support for fantasy commands for all regular chanserv commands eliminating the need for this module.
Among Available Commands are:
- complete and extended !help and !cmdlist
- !xop (sop/aop/hop/vop)
- !access & !levels
- !set (Combines both ChanServ and BotServ settings)
- !bkick (Modified BotServ kick settings)
- !topic, !appendtopic & !rappend
- !staff & !admins
- !up / !down
- !ban, !mute/!unmute
- !kb (With extended capabilities)
- !tb and !tkb
And for Opers Only:
And many more...
Latest Module Releases
- v1.4.1 - Released: 31/05/13 (3 files)
It has been a while since the previous update and a lot of fixes have been sitting in my GIT repository for a while, but this release was prompted by a recently discovered critical, exploitable, infinite loop issue.
This is largely a bugfix release containing, among other things, the fix for the above mentioned bug. As such, updating immediately is strongly recommended! Older versions, starting at 1.3.1 are known to be affected by the issue.
* A Added !tprepend and !rprepend to prepend topic and replace last topic prepend.
* A Added (VERY) partial German language file. (Provided by Han`.) (This still needs to be comleted!)
* U Updated module support to detect bs_fantasy_vhost and ignore help queries handled by it.
* U Replaced the French language file with a rewritten version provided by PePsY.
* U Added os_clientjoin to list of unsupported modules in combination with this module.
* R Removed header and footer from !help as it was conflicting with other fantasy modules.
* F Fixed !trapp clearing entire topic when issued without argument instead of removing the last append.
* F Prevent replying to !help set karma and !set karma when bs_fantasy_karma is around to handle it.
* F Fixed !tappend and !rappend (unlike !topic) being inaccessible to AOPs even when topiclock is disabled.
* F Fixed !clear invites clearing excepts instead on IRCd's with SVSMODE support.
* F Fixed !clear voices on ircd's with SVSMODE support.
* F Fixed !set mlock not handling modes with parameters correctly.
* F Fixed minor malformations in showing seconds in output of expiry times.
* F Fixed the modules implementation of !unban being used even if OverrideCoreCmds is not defined.
* F Fixed !help showing help for disabled commands when OverrideCoreCmds is not defined.
* F Added missing help for !ctopic, !unban and all status mode commands (!op/!deop/..).
* F Fixed crashbug in all status cmds(!op/!deop/..) when parsing wide masks due to a missing buffer reset.
* F Fixed crashbug in all status cmds(!op/!deop/..) when parsing a large number of arguments/nicks.
* F Fixed a crashbug in !set nobot on. This bug was only exploitable by SAs.
* F Fixed infinite loop bug in !de* status cmds (!deop/!devoice/..) due to failure to move pointer before continuing.
* F Fixed memory leak in status cmds (!op/!deop/..) when encountering access denied or unsupported modes.
Note that this is not the entire changelist. The full list can be found in the CHANGELOG file or in the GIT repositories history.
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.4.1.tar.gz For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.8) - (1558 Downloads)
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.8.8-vs2008.zip For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.8) - (238 Downloads)
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.4.1-vs2008.zip For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.9) - (189 Downloads)
- v1.4.0 - Released: 24/12/11 (2 files)
It has been a very very long time since this module was update and a series of bugs have piled up over the years that 1.2.0 has served.. it especially doesn't like cooperating with more recent versions of anope, leading to crashbugs etc..
However, I have been working on an updated version for some time and after 4 development releases on the forums, here is the end result. An updated version designed to be fully compatible with the latest anope 1.8.7 release and also featuring some new features.
Updating is highly recommended as this version fixes a possible crashbug in access/xop that is being exploited. (cf. comments on previous versions)
* A Added proper InspIRCd 1.2 & 2.0 support.
* A Added AUTO_UNLOAD pre-compile configuration option.
* A Added logging for stateful commands as implemented in core.
* A Added overriding implementation for the cores !kick.
* A Added !rappend to replace the last topic append.
* A (Re-)Added partial Spanish & French language files.
* R Removed CPU_USAGE_REDUCTION pre-compile directive.
* R Removed almost all unbanning based on IP.
* C Include commands from other bs_f_ modules of mine in !cmdlist.
* C Make !op/!deop/... accept masks a parameter. (Eg: You can now "!voice *@*.net *@*.us")
* C Added extban support for Insp1.2/2.0 to !unban.
* U Updated language files.
* U Updated code checking for other loaded modules. (Drops load order requirement.)
* F Fixed possible crash on loading corrupted lang file.
* F Fixed bug in !staff causing clients on ulined servers to show up.
* F Fixed !tban reporting success even when ban isn't enforced.
* F Fixed a number of TS6 issues, mainly related to nicks instead of IDs being given to anope_cmd_mode().
* F Fixed potential crashbugs in !ban, !kb and !(un)mute.
* F Fixed a memory leak in "!unban <partial mask>".
* F Make !unban match against vident@vhost instead of ident@vhost.
* F !set mlock no longer requires a parameter; leaving out the parameter renders the mlock to +r as it should be.
* F Fixed crashbug in !xop del.
* F Fixed !access clear to work while in XOP mode.
* F Fixed opers incorrectly getting a notice about not matching against real host/ip.
* F Skip !help queries for fantasy commands handled by other loaded bs_f_* modules.
* F Make the BotServ bot reply to !staff/!ircops/!admins instead of OperServ.
* F Fixed possible crash when loading missing lang file.
* F Fixed !sync not removing voices.
* F Fixed some issues in makefiles with building & cleaning for both *nix and windows.
* F Fixed !set signkick not accepting the LEVEL option.
Note that this is not the entire changelist. The full list can be found in the CHANGELOG file or in the GIT repositories history.
- v1.2.0 - Released: 14/02/09 (6 files)
After 3 RCs over the last month here it is at last: The first release in the new bs_fantasy_ext branch.
Updated to support the Anope-1.8 branch and equipped with it s own language system. The latter will make the module a bit more complicated to install as it now has its own language files. On *nix however the makefiles should handle everything.
Also note that with this release support for the 1.7 branch has been dropped. This module requires Anope-1.8.0 or above.
Updating is highly recommended as this version fixes a possible crashbug as well as a vulnerability for which an exploit is already available.
* A Introduced new language system to replace the cores lang system for modules.
* A Added configuration directive which when set ignores users with +B. (Unreal & PTlink)
* C Clients on ulined servers no longer show up in !staff.
* C Clients with usermode +B (bots) no longer show up in !staff. (Unreal & PTlink)
* C Using !unban on yourself is no longer hindered by EnUnbanIP protections.
* U Synchronized module code with Anope 1.8.0.
* U Updated flags.
* U Updated list of unsupported modules.
* U Updated !shun syntax to match that of os_shun.
* U Reworked syntax layout in language files.
* U Updated INSTALL instructions.
* U Updated windows makefiles. As of now windows support should be back.
* F Fixed crashbug in !set nobot.
* F Fixed several issues found in the core.
* F Fixed markup codes no longer being loaded properly.
* F Now unloads languages upon unload and reloads when the config is reloaded.
* F Fixed wrong syntax messages being send for some !bkick commands.
* F Fixed crashbug in !unban command when banlist is empty.
* F Fixed exploit in !unban allowing attackers to guess some users' real IP.
* F Fixed !unban not protecting masks.
* F Fixed invalid language string call in !admins.
* F Fixed several typos in english language file.
* F !down now removes modes users shouldn't have.
* F Botserv bot now replies to !sync instead of ChanServ.
* F Failing to load the langfiles is no longer fatal to anope.
* F Fixed crashbug in !shun. (Reported by midnight_tiger.)
A more detailed release post can be found on the forums:
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.2.0.tar.gz For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.2) - (5882 Downloads)
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.2.0+1.8.0-2005Runtimes.zip For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.0) - (567 Downloads)
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.2.0+1.8.2-2008Runtimes.zip For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.2) - (408 Downloads)
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.2.0+1.8.3-2008Runtimes.zip For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.3) - (1217 Downloads)
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.2.0+1.8.4.zip For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.4) - (894 Downloads)
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.2.0+1.8.6.zip For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.6) - (308 Downloads)
- v1.1.16 - Released: 20/04/08 (2 files)
This version includes one crash bug fix, but it would only have been encountered by people doing unsupported things, so nothing critical.
It also includes several bug fixes (thanks to n00bie for reporting them).
I also added a few extra load checks which will inform users when they shouldn't bother coming to asking for support because of incompatibilities with other 3rd party modules (Wasted enough time on this already!), but this is not fatal.
- Added version flags to modlist and modinfo version reply as well.
- Added runtime supported mode, checks and flags.
- Updated documentation in README
- Fixed unloading of os_raw causing a segfault (replaced by fatal error during load).
- Fixed a minor shortcoming in documentation on !shun (Reported by n00bie)
- Fixed !tshun not returning an error when used on ircops (ircd - restriction) (Reported by n00bie)
- Fixed !topic replying (null) if no topic is set. (Reported by n00bie)
- v1.1.15 - Released: 16/03/08 (2 files)
Highly recommended update for everyone using 1.1.14 since it fixes a never ending loop issue when attempting to unban a stickied akick.
- Fixed auto core module reloading not setting proper module settings.
- Fixed !unban causing a never ending loop when used on a stickied akick.
- v1.1.14 - Released: 14/02/08 (2 files)
This version fixes a crashbug present in 1.1.13 and is therefore highly recommended!
- Changed !akick: add now adds akick on the users' mask instead of nick if user exists and isn't a registered nick (akicks based on user account).
- Fixed crashbug in !ban
- Fixed !unban not always removing bans placed by !ban with same arguments.
- Fixed & Reworked !minfo (again..)
When updating from 1.1.12, I highly recommend also reading the changes in 1.1.13, as well as the Technical section in the README.
- v1.1.13 - Released: 10/02/08 (2 files)
This version is designed to work with Anope_1.7.21.
Anyone using older versions should not upgrade to this release, unless they also update anope.
I will also admit that testing phase for this version was significantly shortened in favor of having a version that supports the latest anope releases.
Compared to .12 this release mainly fixes some minor issues and adds a lot of extra features and improved funtionality.
I highly recommend everyone to read the README (technical section) and CHANGELOG completely.
I will NOT answer questions answered here!
Fixed typo in english language file. (Reported by paulmer2003)
Fixed akick cutting off reason after 1 word.
When (un)muting on charybdis we now use the +q channel mode.
!up also now works when AUTOOP is turned off. (Reported by EvilSeph)
Corrected some errors in the description of several configuration directives.
Added missing second layer services oper check for !akill
!down no longer removes voice if channel is moderated and user has more then just voice...
!mute now allows superadmins to mute the channel founder (reported by EvilSeph)
(No bug in bs_fantasy_ext so works only when used with Anope-1.7.20+. CF Anope bug #770)
All founders (CS IDENTIFY) can now use "!down/!up [nick]", even when securefounder is on.
Added !suspend command.
Added similar checks on !tkb, !ban, !tban and !mute as on !kb.
Added CPU_USAGE_REDUCTION pre-compile configuration option.
Changed !(un)ignore to be SA only as it is in the core.
Restructured code and moved some parts to new/other files.
Synchronized modules' code with Core changes made in Anope-1.7.20
Added the help for "levels desc" and "access levels" to !help
Extended the help on some of the firtly implemented commands.
Applied patch for anope bug #816 (Still exists in Anope-1.7.20, but we can already fix it)
!down now supports target level (vhoaq). If level is above current, current modes will be unset
and new modes will be set. Maybe at one time this should go under a seperate cmd...
Added auto(un)load functionality for core modules if they are overriden.
Changed !topic: now shows topic when issued without arguments
Added !ctopic: clears topic and it actually works this time (not using !topic to prevent accidental use)
Added support for 3rd party module cs_restrict_kb by n00bie. (cf Technical Chapter in README)
Added improved unban routine, specifically for UnrealIRCd, but it cannot detect ALL bans.
Fixed !unban banning the user executing the command..
(RC2) Added !admins to cmdlist and help.
(RC2) Added some details to output of !modinfo
(RC2) Added loading requirements regarding RAW (cf README)
(RC2) Fixed Crashbug in !up when used by unidentified/unregistered users.
(RC2) Fixed !unban which is now also using a faster wildcard matching routine
(RC2) For privacy reasons no longer loading bs_fantasy_unban when unloading (Anope bug #854)
(RC2) Completely rewrote !unban and added EnUnbanIP config directive (cf README and Anope bug #854)
(RC2) Added AppendToTopicDel pre-compile directive which detemines delimiter used by !tappend.
(RC2) Fixed !kb,!mute and !ban not properly adding *@* targets to internal banlist as *!*@*
(RC2) Fixed potential crashbug in!mute
(RC2) Added !sync command
(RC2) Added !shun and !tshun commands
(RC2) Applied several bugfixes from Anope 1.7.21 SVN (Changes to appenttopic, #842, #849, ..)
(RC2) Re-Added win32 support by disabling part of the functionality on Windows.
(Final) Replaced all calls for match_wild_nocase() by my_match_wild_nocase() which is a lot faster.
- v1.1.12 - Released: 01/07/07 (2 files)
This version contains introduces a new language french but mainly contains a lot of bugfixes and is therefore a highly recommended update!
With the release of this version all v1.1.11 support will be dropped.
Note: when upgrading the ListExcempNick directive has to be renamed to ListExempNick.
The behaviour of a few commands was slightly changed and a few new features have been introduced, including build in support for timed bans and kickbans. Both of these work similar to the new implementation of !kb. Therefore use of thus module in combination of bs_fantasy_tb is highly discouraged, except when this modules !tb is disabled in the config.h before compiling the module. (On windows you will have to compile the module manually.)
Please take a minute to read through the changelog for I will ignore all support requests that are related to skipping the documentation.
- Removed redundant check in do_levels that caused the set to fail if level is 0
- !down now voices people if the channel is moderated (except when performed by voice)
- !down can now also be performed by the founder of a channel on another user.
- Renamed ListExcempNick to ListExempNick (Will need to be changed in services.conf!)
-!kb was listed twice in !cmdlist due to our own implementation and the cores...
- Replaced several occurrences of // comments by /*...*/
- Added !t(k)b(an), partially based on the tban module by Rob that ships with anope
- Use of !mode and a few other oper cmds now reports back to logchan like /os does...
- A few other minor code changes i have forgotten by now...
- (RC2) Fixed a crashbug present in the !tb implementation in RC1 (Fix by Trystan)
- (RC2) Fixed EnOperCmds causing an error when set to 0. Had no further consequences.
- (RC2) !staff no longer includes users with +H (if supported by IRCd)
- (RC2) Fixed bug causing !set mlock to fail when issued with extra params (Reported by SNU)
- (RC3) Fixed a crashbug in !set mlock introduced by the fix in RC2 (Thx to Trystan)
- (RC4) Fixed a crashbug in !up/down when given an invalid parameter (Reported by SNU)
- (RC5) Updated headers
- (RC5) Modified language system for easier translating, added (incomplete) french translation some lang fixes.
- (RC5) Updated module with bugfixes in anope 1.7.19.
- (RC5) Renamed !help access to !help chaccess to make help for access list reachable. (Reported by Jobe)
- (RC5) Fixed a bug in the core fantasy system causing it to send empty mode changes. (Reported by paulmer2003)
- (Final) Updated French language file. French language now fully supported.
- (Final) Fixed missing !tkban trigger (help said it existed, but it was inactive).
- (Final) Fixed bug causing compile errors if !tb was disabled but !tkb was not.
- (Final) Fixed some compile errors.
Note to Anope-1.7.20 (and above) users:
This release of the module does not compile with the latest anope release. Untill a new version is available, it is possible to patch bs_fantasy_ext v1.1.12, however this is unsupported.
More info can be found here: http://forum.anope.org/viewthread.php?tid=312&page=7#pid10369 (You will have to copy/paste because the link tag appears broken) (Please read everything through.)
- v1.1.11 - Released: 23/10/06 (4 files)
* Fix Anope bug #598 (fixed in rev. 1149) - fix ported from core to keep module behaviour similar.
* Made module comply with new QA requirements ( Removed 1 forgotten strtok().)
* Added implementation of kickban by the module as requested by owine to support kb's on masks.
* Updated help... forgot a few details apparently
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.1.11.tar.gz For Anope 1.7.18 - (1197 Downloads)
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.1.11+1.7.17.zip For Anope 1.7.16 - (310 Downloads)
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.1.11+1.7.18.zip For Anope 1.7.17 - (298 Downloads)
- bs_fantasy_ext-1.1.11+1.7.19.zip For Anope 1.7.18 - (167 Downloads)
- Naseer (Naseer)
Posted: 21/09/11 00:51:23
Anope Version: 1.8.6
Module Version: 1.2.0
- DRAGO (DRAGO)
Posted: 04/01/13 12:18:53
Anope Version: 1.8.7
Module Version: 1.4.0
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace: Anope version 1.8.7 (3089) build #1, compiled Jun 9 2012 02:30:03 QM
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace(0): ./services(do_backtrace+0x51) [0x8075ac1]
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace(1): ./services(sighandler+0x177) [0x8076887]
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace(2): [0xb780f400]
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace(3): /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(vsnprintf+0xc0) [0xb74f4150]
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace(4): ./services(vsend_cmd+0x3d) [0x80893ad]
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace(5): ./services(send_cmd+0x23) [0x8089483]
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace(6): /home/ircd/services/modules/runtime/unreal32.so.Ub09mX(unreal_cmd_svsmode_chan+0xb9) [0xb7406af9]
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace(7): /home/ircd/services/modules/runtime/bs_fantasy_ext.so.ExvZOd(do_clear+0x17a9) [0xb7308be9]
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace(8): /home/ircd/services/modules/runtime/bs_fantasy_ext.so.ExvZOd(do_fantasy+0xca1) [0xb7310e61]
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace(9): ./services(event_process_hook+0xa9) [0x806eb89]
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Backtrace: complete
[Jan 04 14:51:57 2013] Services terminating: Segmentation fault
- on irc (Shiny)
Posted: 10/03/13 20:32:27
Anope Version: 1.9.8
Module Version: 1.4.0
Module is patched and can be used safely.
- Romeo (romeo5k)
Posted: 18/04/13 23:43:52
Anope Version: 1.9.8
Module Version: 1.4.0
Great working module