Module Author: oldAuthors
User Rating: (0 Comments)
Module checks for valid nickname/password in a MySQL database. If the requested nickname/password isn't found in the database, registration will not be permitted.
Supports plain-text passwords or MD5-hashed passwords in the database. Can be used with any table layout.
Possible use is to restrict IRC registration to those users who have registered on a website or forum.
* Anope compiled with MySQL Enabled
* MySQL 3.2.3 or later
For version 2.0.0 and above:
Module configuration is now achieved via serivces.conf. There are 13 configuration options which must be placed in the services.conf file for this module to operate. Details of these, along with the valid options are available in the top of the distributed source file.
For version 1.2.1 and below:
To allow the module to work correctly, you will need to edit the file before compiling it. There are several configuration lines at the top of the file which specify the MySQL database to use for validation.
Latest Module Releases
- v2.0.0 - Released: 27/09/06 (3 files)
Version 2 is a complete re-write of the existing module, and comes with new features to make the module even better than before.
- Configuration is now achieved via services.conf (there are 13 configuration options in total, all must be placed into services.conf for the module to function).
- Support for NickServ GROUP restrictions too - 3 options allow you to control what nicknames are grouped.
- Support for SHA1 hashed passwords in the MySQL database
- Pre-compiled for use on Anope for Windows
- Minor bug-fixes and memory-leak fixes :)
The module has been tested on all it's features, and no issues were found, however there may be outstanding issues. If you spot anything, let me know.
- ns_restrictreg.c For Anope 1.7.14 - (1677 Downloads) [View In Browser]
- ns_restrictreg.dll For Windows - Anope 1.7.14 - (166 Downloads)
- ns_restrictreg.dll For Windows - Anope 1.8.5 - (41 Downloads) [Unsupported Auto Build]
- v1.2.1 - Released: 24/09/06 (1 file)
Changed URL for support, some minor code cleanup.