Module Author: Jackster35
User Rating: (2 Comments)
Hi, some of the IRC networks out there today are runned by British users. I've noticed there is only a 911 call on here but the uk don't use that. I figured, why would British users wanna use !911? I know, it's stupid but some people really do moan over these simple things. I made a module that uses 999 instead of 911 and will alert the network operators a bit better. Instead of noticing the operator channel, it calls the word "oper" about 5 times and tells the opers the channel and nick needing help.
[22:10] <OperServ> oper oper oper oper oper
[22:10] <OperServ> ATTENTION! Help is needed in #Technoid! User: Jackster35
It's very simple and all credit goes to andrewgeek for the original code.
Please use 0.6 if you don't like the "oper oper oper oper" bit.
Latest Module Releases
- v0.6 - Released: 26/06/11 (4 files)
- "oper oper oper oper oper"
+ Tells the user not to use the command again!
Tested on Unreal3.2 + Anope 1.8.6
- bs_999.c For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.5 to 1.8.6) - (1107 Downloads) [View In Browser]
- bs_999.dll For Windows - Anope 1.8.7 - (61 Downloads) [Unsupported Auto Build]
- bs_999.dll For Windows - Anope 1.8.8 - (26 Downloads) [Unsupported Auto Build]
- bs_999.dll For Windows - Anope 1.8.9 - (24 Downloads) [Unsupported Auto Build]
- v0.5 - Released: 30/10/10 (2 files)
The first release of the script.
- bs_999.c For Anope 1.8 (designed for 1.8.5 to 1.8.5) - (1052 Downloads) [View In Browser]
- bs_999.dll For Windows - Anope 1.8.6 - (54 Downloads) [Unsupported Auto Build]
- Sytheriseida (Xero)
Posted: 09/01/11 21:15:50
Anope Version: 1.8.2
Module Version: 0.5
Being a British user myself, I could see why you'd want to use 911 instead of 999.
However, I don't really see the point in taking the time to configure up a !911 file, since most people are probably going to recognize !999 a bit better, anyway. Sure, you could install both files for more convenience, or just edit out the !999 file to work with both syntaxes.
However, an echo message of "oper oper oper oper" sounds a little annoying, really.
But I give you credit to the module point.
- Victor Coss (GTAXL)
Posted: 12/02/12 22:23:45
Anope Version: 1.8.7
Module Version: 0.6
You completely ripped this from andrewgeek. I can easily make one that is !SOS I like that you were thinking of new ideas for Anope, but this isn't much more than bs_911. I'll give you +1 for thinking of new ideas and +1 cuz I know you. Also another +1 for giving credit to andrewgeek. But I give you -2 for just ripping..